Photo taken by Heather O’Mara
Who am I?
Hi, I’m Andrea. Nice to meet you. I’m an American expat living in Italy. I grew up in the Southern state of Alabama. I had the opportunity to live in several other places like New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Arizona and Florida, and to travel throughout the U.S., thanks to my previous work over the years.
What’s my story?
In Italy, they say all roads lead to Rome. Well, 6 years ago my road led to Rome … 5,000 miles to be exact. It was the tale of a fairytale romance. Cliché, I know.
What do I do?
In my previous life, I worked as a Travel and Event Coordinator for a software company. Now I work as a Virtual Communications Assistant specializing in marketing. I love to travel and experience new places, and spend a great deal of time traveling around Italy and Europe. I created Why Roam? to share all the tips, tricks and treasures I come across in my new ‘home’ country, along with the new places I am fortunate to visit.
A few personal things about me:
- I’m a mommy to a 4-legged furry Italian baby who makes my heart go beat. He’s a little cat named Dolce. His name means sweet in Italian, and it fits him perfectly. He has his own European Union passport (crazy, right?), and so far he’s traveled to 7 different countries with me.
- I’m a vegetarian.
- I don’t own a TV (and haven’t in years). There are other things I would rather do than stare at a box.
- I never pass up a glass of red wine or a chocolate dessert. Never.
- I’m turning into a beach bum. After living in Rome for several years, I now live in a small seaside town in southern Italy. The salt water, the sand, fresh local food, sunrises and sunsets, and a simple life … it’s my little corner of paradise.
See where Why Roam? has been featured around the web:
- Insiders Abroad E-Magazine: Top 10 Things to Do, See & Eat When Visiting Brussels
- Girl Gone International E-Magazine: 10 Stress Busting Tips for Traveling with Your Pet
- Insiders Abroad E-Magazine: Top 10 Reasons to Visit Rome in the Off-Season
- Insiders Abroad: Inside Secrets to Italy: Expat Spotlight
- Five Point Five: Travel Bloggers to Write Home About
- Homestay: 5 Places I Like to Hang Out in Brussels
- Charming Italy: Italian Local Expert Blog Award
- Radisson Blu: Top Tips for Taking Part in the Rome Marathon
- All Women Stalk: 8 Great Blogs about Rome